DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY: This position is being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Government-Wide Direct-Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all U.S. Citizens. Veterans' Preference: Since the Direct-Hire Recruitment Authority is being used, traditional Veterans' Preference rulesLearn more about this agency
do not apply. Qualified veterans will, however, be given full consideration for this position.
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
This is a virtual position that must be placed in a VA facility in one of the locations and site will be determined after selection is made.
This position is located in the Office of Information and Technology, Enterprise Program Management Office, Information Assurance. The primary purpose of the position is to collect, analyze, report, and provide support for information security compliance and oversight activities. These activities include information that overviews VA's information security posture to various oversight agencies throughout the federal government.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available upon supervisor approval.
Telework: May be available upon supervisor approval.
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (INFOSEC)/17362A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. May carry light items such as paper, books or small parts. The work does not require any special physical effort.
· Contributes to policy development, review, and updates to support implementation of the EMPO's information security automated data collection and reporting capabilities through various EMPO serv.
· Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) as well as an Information Security (InfoSec) member of a specialized group of other Information Security Specialists.
· Acts as the technical security authority in security-related design in support of short and long-range VA Information Technology (IT) activities.
· Participates as a SME responsible for security requirements identification and analysis with project teams and others with significant security responsibility.
· Maintains all possible sources of security requirements including existing policy, guidelines, and standards, documented systems and deficiencies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530323500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.