This role is part of the Department of Finance and Portfolio Management (DFPM), of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC). The incumbent serves as the Director for Internal Controls with responsibility for ensuring internal controls governing all financial and administrative operations within OPIC are adhered to and related problems are resolved.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the OPIC expert on financial and administrative internal controls with responsibility for the formulation, implementation, and monitoring of controls throughout the corporation.
- Conduct corporate-wide analyses, develops corporate policies and program models, and has the lead role in identifying areas of risk associated with the management of OPIC's programs and financial statements.
- Coordinate the Senior Management Council (SMC) and Senior Assessment Team (SAT), the bodies that institutionalize OPIC's internal controls program.
- Represent the Office of the Deputy Vice President/Treasurer in meetings and assessments with external entities related to financial, administrative, and programmatic internal controls, procedures and programs.
- Analyze/resolve internal control issues; modify financial/administrative procedures to meet the needs of the organization; perform and/or oversee audit follow-up; and liaison with Board Audit Committee and external/internal auditors.
- Identify actions/activities required to sustain, improve and validate the processes/operations. Plan/conduct program evaluations, analyze findings, and formulate policies/procedures/processes to enhance efficiency and productivity inherent in OPIC.
- Serves as agency expert on the organization's business processes, procedures, and controls.
- Advise the Vice President and Deputy Vice President of DFPM on matters of immediate interest and concern related to OPIC's operations.
- Lead team efforts or task forces to complete studies and special projects, as well as introduce and implement new programs and business practices within OPIC.
- Coordinate research across OPIC departments. Assemble information and prepare a variety of unique and recurring reports related to OPIC programs for both internal/external dissemination.
- Perform a key role in short- and long-term strategic planning activities for OPIC. Obtain a variety of input to use in forecasting and prioritizing.
- Develop and consider an intensive understanding of the various OPIC program activities. Work with OPIC management to align management systems and processes with corporate objectives.
- Serves as a Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530255200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.