The Air Force Civilian Service is pleased to announce the Air Force Premier College Summer Intern Program. Graduate students who have completed at least one year of a full-time graduate program will be able to apply for a full-time paid summer internship lasting 10-12 weeks during the summer session prior to their second year of their graduate program.Learn more about this agency
- You must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited public or other non-profit college or university: See Qualifications Section for details.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
QualificationsThe Air Force Civilian Service is pleased to announce the Air Force Premier College Summer Intern Program. Graduate students who have completed at least one year of a full-time graduate program will be able to apply for a full-time paid summer internship lasting 10-12 weeks during the summer session prior to their second year of their graduate program.
Any individual who meets the following may apply for the DHA Post-Secondary Student Program:
(1) Currently enrolled, and in good academic standing in a full-time program, at a public or other non-profit institution of higher education; AND
(2) Making satisfactory progress toward receipt of a graduate level degree AND
(3) Completed at least one year of the degree program
You may be non-competitively converted to a permanent appointment within the PALACE Acquire (PAQ)/Copper Cap (COP) or a similar Program. The target grade of the conversion could be above GS-11. However, it is important to remember that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee you will be offered a permanent position.
General Schedule Salary Table for "Rest of US" (RUS) was used, salaries may vary dependent upon location selected. Please refer to the Salary Tables link for more information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/salary-tables/pdf/2019/RUS.pdf
The Premier College Intern Program targets individuals who are seeking a dynamic career with the Air Force Civilian Service in a variety of career fields by gaining real-world experience. You will be given the opportunity to gain the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to pursue a successful career with the Air Force Civilian Service.
Upon graduation and program requirement completion, a Premier College Intern may be converted to a career, career-conditional appointment into the Air Force Palace Acquire/Copper Cap or similar developmental training program without further competition.
Please note: This is not a developmental opportunity, this position will be filled at the GS-07 grade level.
To qualify for a GS-07: Completion of one full year of graduate level education OR superior academic achievement and currently enrolled in a graduate level program. Must have completed one year of the program. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-TECH=&url=GS-ADMINhttps://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-TECH=&url=GS-PROF
You must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited public or other non-profit college or university:
· Enrolled in an approved program
· Pursing a Graduate Degree
· Enrollment must be in a full-time program
· Have a good academic standing (no less than 2.95 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grading scale)
· Meet the qualification standards of the position
· Must be at least 16 years of age
· A U.S. citizen or a national
· Must sign a Participant Agreement
Applicants must meet requirements by the date they enter on duty.
Other Significant Facts:
1.) Some positions may be deemed drug testing designated positions and require participation in random drug testing.
2.) Incumbent may be subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment, and participation in random drug testing.
3.) Appointment may be contingent upon passing a physical examination.
4.) Incumbent may be required to obtain and maintain appropriate background investigation or security clearance.
5.) Employment under this announcement will be full-time during the student's summer session, approximately 10-12 weeks.
Note: There may be additional conditions and/or requirements as determined by the position being filled.
DHA Post-Secondary Students may work full-time schedules during the student's summer session/break.
DHA Post-Secondary Students may be considered for noncompetitive conversion to a permanent appointment within 120 days of completion of degree requirements, if they meet the following:
1. Successfully complete academic requirements for a graduate degree
2. Meet the OPM Qualification requirements for the target position to which the DHA Post-Secondary Student may be converted.
3. Maintain acceptable performance
It is important to remember that eligibility for conversion to permanent employment is neither automatic nor guaranteed.
You must upload/submit all required documents in order to be considered, i.e., Resume, All transcripts (we will accept unofficial), DD 214, Veterans Award Letter and SF 15 (if applicable).
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
For DHA Positions:
These positions are being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for the Department of Defense for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified post-secondary students and recent graduates directly into competitive service positions; these positions may be professional or administrative occupations and are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
*** The term "Current post-secondary student" means a person who is currently enrolled in, and in good academic standing at a full-time program at an institution of higher education; and is making satisfactory progress toward receipt of a baccalaureate or graduate degree; and has completed at least one year of the program.
*** The term "recent graduate" means a person who was awarded a degree by an institution of higher education not more than two years before the date of the appointment of such person, except in the case of a person who has completed a period of obligated service in a uniform service of more than four years.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
You are applying to a resume database: Your resume and any documents submitted will be retained for six months and may be used at any time during this period. When a position is requested to be filled under the Direct Hire Authority, a list of applicants may be provided to management for review and possible selection. You will not receive any notifications and your resume will not be reviewed for qualifications until a position is requested to be filled
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Applications will be evaluated against the appropriate qualification standard for the position being filled. Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Qualification Standard.
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire if applicable, to ensure that you meet the requirements to perform in this position satisfactorily.
If qualified, we will then place you in one of the three categories described below:
1. Best-qualified category: GPA of 2.95 or higher and seeking a degree.
2. Highly-qualified category: GPA of 2.50 to 2.94 and seeking a degree.
3. Qualified category: GPA of 2.0 to 2.49 and seeking a degree.
Applicants in the Best-qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications) .If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
Veterans' Preference does not apply in the recruitment and hiring procedures of DHA Post-Secondary Students. Selections made under this notice will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Incomplete applications that do not include supporting documentation may be eliminated from consideration. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, in the occupational questionnaire, will not be evaluated further. Your application may not receive appropriate consideration without the required supporting documentation. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for not hiring you or removal after hiring.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 04/10/2020.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10464986
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
AddressAF Force Renewal
550 C Street West
JBSA Randolph, TX 78150
After you submit your application, you will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required.
Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes, you must reapply.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530247800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.