Mission StatementLearn more about this agency
The NRO is the U.S. Government agency in charge of designing, building, launching and maintaining America's intelligence satellites. The NRO provides reconnaissance information to the Intelligence Community and the DoD warfighters. For more information see: http://www.nro.gov
The NRO is accepting applications from current GS/GG-12, GS/GG-13 level, or equivalent Federal Government employees for this position.
SEE QUALIFICATIONS SECTION BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
As a HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provides management advisory/consultative services in one or more of the HR Functions (e.g. workforce restructuring, performance management, awards and recognition, data systems, entitlements and allowances, employee relations, rank-in-person promotion process, and employee development) rendering broad advisory services and/or policy interpretation on highly complex agency-wide or equivalent issues.
- Provides comprehensive performance management advice and guidance to applicants, employees, managers, and supervisors on civilian personnel regulations, policies, and procedures; and recommends solutions to personnel-related problems and issues.
- Performs workforce analysis, monitors trends and keeps the Office of Human Resources (OHR) leadership informed of issues, possible effects, and potential problems in the civilian workforce.
- Assist managers with planning and implementing reorganization that typically involve major mission changes and realignment of all/most positions and personnel, as well as identifying positions to be reclassified prior to making such changes.
- Plans, initiates, monitors, and evaluates the NRO Cadre's civilian personnel management actions.
- Coordinates and conducts in-depth studies of special interest to identify and recommend solutions to problems.
- Performs necessary research, correlates and analyzes findings, and develops recommended program-oriented actions to improve civilian personnel support to the mission.
- Analyzes and evaluates performance program execution for the organization; recognizes problem areas; and originates solutions to complex and unusual issues.
- Maintains liaisons with personnel, finance, and payroll offices to ensure personnel actions and entitlements are correctly and timely administered, and that problems are quickly resolved.
- Receives and responds to inquiries from personnel offices servicing the organization regarding complex and difficult problems in the programs as they relate to command support.
- Researches HR laws, policies, regulations and reference material, analyzes information, selects appropriate approach and recommends corrective action.
- Performs special assignments and projects.
- Independently identifies the need for and initiates special projects and studies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530225700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.