This position is located in the Office of Innovation (V), PROJECT MANAGEMENT DIVISION.Learn more about this agency
Who May Apply: Applications will be accepted from current and former competitive service Federal employees, and people eligible under special hiring authorities such as the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA), Disabilities Program, etc.
As a/an Supervisory IT Project Manager-GS-2210-15, you will provide oversight for initial concept development, design, development and implementation of information systems using NARA's Systems Development Lifecycle Document (SDLC) and standard Project Management practices.
Your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Directing, managing, and supervising the work of Project Managers and project teams and are ultimately accountable for these projects.
- Monitoring the integration, scope, schedule, cost, quality, human resources, communication, and procurement activities of information system projects.
- Presenting complex and controversial issues to senior leaders in NARA and IT Services with a clear view to integrating IT programs with other programs of equivalent scope and complexity through applying or adapting new IT theories, concepts, principles, standards, methods, or practices.
- Managing the technical aspects of the IT project portfolio to identify and track dependencies and to identify and implement repeatable processes and reusable components among projects.
- Working closely with Information Services management on issues related to policy and with NARA Acquisitions Office on issues related to the IT budget and acquisition.
- Training and mentoring staff to become qualified experienced project managers in accordance with NARA and OPM guidelines.
- Serving in supervisory capacity and may provide oversight of contract personnel performing work within the Branch.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel approximately 5% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530212900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.