The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a 30 mile radius of West Point, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at The West Point Club.
- Uses full range of quantity cooking and baking procedures from the common/frequently used to the new or complex recipes. Uses special/difficult recipes involving many steps, ingredients, or long preparation time e.g. creole shrimp, spaghetti sauce.
- Prepares a variety of meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, sauces, gravies, and baked goods (including cakes, cookies, pies, buns, biscuits and rolls), by following standardized recipes at different levels of difficulty.
- Assignments may include preparing a number of menu items for one meal (usually 4 or more). Makes modifications to recipes for ingredient quantities, number or servings, and size of equipment available.
- Directs and provides technical guidance, as required, to lower graded personnel. Monitors preparation of menu items by lower grade cooks and reviews menus and standardized recipes to ensure food items are made correctly.
- Examines all food for quality and freshness before preparation. Cleans utensils and equipment after use, observes established safety procedures, and keeps the work area clean and tidy. Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530198300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.