The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to serve as the Chief Audit Executive.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) may be used to fill other Chief Audit Executive, SL-0511-00, positions within the FRTIB in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
This position is also being announced to applicants eligible to apply through Merit Staffing procedures under Announcement - FRTIB-19-MP-025-10461910.
The Chief Audit Executive reports directly to the Executive Director and the Board and is responsible for providing leadership, counsel, and technical expertise in developing, planning, and managing the internal auditing functions of the FRTIB. The major duties of the position are:
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and communications with the Executive Director and the Board;
- Leads efforts to implement internal audit policies and charter and plans, develops, and executes all aspects of FRTIB's internal audit functions;
- Oversees and directs the internal audit function though the use of a pool of vendors that will be assigned defined internal audit tasks;
- Defines audit objectives and scope, identifies specific activities and timeframes, determines and obtains resources, and directs the planning and conduct of audits;
- Develops standards to ensure the quality and effectiveness of audit initiatives and reviews audit progress to ensure compliance with auditing standards as well as sufficiency and appropriateness of facts and evidence gathered during audits; and
- Develops strategies to improve internal auditing and fraud detection capabilities by incorporating best practices, including use of data analytics tools, techniques, and procedures to assess trends, deficiencies, and areas of potential risk.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530165100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.