If you are ready to begin your new career or are looking for a place to make an impact, what better place than a top ranked agency in the federal government? We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals here at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), where we are ranked in the top 5 in the Best Places to Work in the federal government rankings.Learn more about this agency
Our employees gain valuable work experience that provides them with the career boost that they are seeking. We need people like you to help us move the industry forward and continue to shape the future of energy policy. Join us and help make a difference! The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's role is to oversee various aspects of the energy industry, including transmission of electricity, natural gas and oil. We also analyze proposals to build liquefied natural gas terminals and interstate natural gas pipelines and license hydropower projects. To help support the modernization of the electric system here in the U.S., we are focusing on issues associated with a smarter grid.
This position is located within the Office of the Executive Director (OED), Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CIO establishes policy for and provides management oversight of the planning, budgeting, acquisition, operation, and maintenance of information and information related resources for the Commission. If selected for this position, you will serve as Director of the Systems Development and Engineering Division and will be responsible for the Commission's IT Infrastructure, Software Applications and Data Management tools and services.
Major Duties for the Supervisory IT Specialist:
- Provides oversight and management of all Systems Development and Engineering activities including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and implementation of infrastructure engineering, software applications and database applications for both legacy or commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products using modern systems development lifecycle methodologies.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance and ensures quality and accuracy of detailed systems design documentation, functional requirements, test plan and results, use cases/scenarios or requisite artifacts.
- Manages budgetary resources and federal and contractor staff to provide assistance to program offices with installation, usage or functionality of any of CIO's services. Evaluate performance and progress against established plans and goals for CIO staff as well as contractors.
- Incorporates the group's goals and objectives into CIO's strategic plan. Participates in or leads strategic planning teams and assures compliance of all CIO initiatives with applicable law and regulation and CIO and industry security standards. Works with top FERC management and leaders to assess the organization's effectiveness in supporting the agency's mission.
- Works with other groups in CIO, Department of Energy Inspector General, and FERC support divisions (GAL) to conduct IT services support for classified work to include both internal and external security investigations.
- Supports FERC's IT security culture by ensuring that all application development and SDE projects follow a secure development life cycle; comply with information security/information assurance policies and principles in accordance with FERC requirements, government regulations, and industry best practices.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530140700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.