You will serve as a temporary (not-to-exceed 1 year) Biologist for Yosemite National Park. You may be terminated sooner or extended for an additional year should the project need still exist and funding is secured. You will perform professional biological scientific work in the 401 series engaging in the study, inventory, monitoring, restoration, and management of a broad range of natural resources.Learn more about this agency
- Coordinates natural resource strategies and programs with those on adjacent lands for the purposes of achieving broad ecosystem protection strategies and preventing human impacts.
- Identifies research needs and recommends request for proposals or statements of work.
- Assists with the testing, and implementation of scientific monitoring protocols to identify, evaluate, and do short and/or long-term monitoring of natural resources. Assists in writing new monitoring documents that define monitoring techniques and developing methods for future refinements of protocols.
- Prepares management and scientific reports regarding the results of protection, mitigation, restoration, reintroduction, inventory, monitoring, and research activities.
- Performs data entry and carries out control checks on data collection and entry performed by others.
- Incorporates appropriate GIS technology into job to provide comprehensive and scientifically sound answers to inquiries from managers and others. Uses automated methods of data collection, analysis or illustration.
- Acquires and maintains equipment and supplies necessary to conduct field activities.
- Supervises seasonal, temporary, permanent, VIP, and other personnel, but less than 25% of the time.
- Develops and maintains liaisons and effective working relations with related groups and individuals, agencies, and the public in order to encourage and facilitate cooperative regional management strategies. Attends management and professional conferences and other events for the purpose of exchanging information and advancing advocacy for park stewardship.
- Writing and overseeing cooperative agreements and contracts.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position. You must obtain a government charge card for travel purposes.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530128300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.