You will serve as a Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) in the Engineering Division, Program Executive Office, Defense Healthcare Management Systems (PEO DHMS) of the DEFENSE HEALTH AGENCY.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as an expert consultant for functional teams to assist them in anticipating, identifying, evaluating, mitigating, and minimizing risks associated with information technology (IT) systems? cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- You will advise system designers and system administrators about the consistency of proposed cybersecurity strategies with regulatory and policy directives
- You will provide expert assessment of proposed design measures? feasibility, based on broad knowledge of parameters imposed by the IT infrastructure and operations
- You will provide technical support for the certification and accreditation processes.
- You will lead team members in performing technical assessments to ensure the system or application proposed for accreditation or connection meets applicable Department of Defense (DoD) policies, regulations, and standards
- You will ensure the implemented security safeguards are adequate to assure the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of the information being processed, transmitted, or stored consistent with the level of sensitivity of that information.
- You will advise system managers on appropriate trade-offs to ensure IT systems are given a level of protection commensurate with their importance to the overall mission.
- You will plan, organize, direct, and coordinate efforts involving the development/maintenance of new or improved computer science methods, techniques, principles, and concepts.
- You will develop computer science concepts and determines their feasibility of application to new and untried methods of software support and hardware/software interfaces for large-scale computer systems.
- You will coordinate software development and maintenance activities with User/Developer/Readiness representatives to ensure that progress is in consonance with stated requirements and policies.
- You will evaluate design implications of system security requirements.
- You will recommend new or improved software development policies, regulations and directives.
- You will provide network security and risk management planning, strategic planning, management, and technical oversight for the certification and accreditation of networks, systems, applications, and associated computer hardware/software resources.
- You will negotiate and settle matters involving significant complex technical issues, programmatic requirements, or controversial issues and leads consensus building among stakeholders who have diverse and often conflicting interests.
- You will function as a cybersecurity subject matter expert and provides guidance and assistance in the development of IA guidelines and processes.
- You will provide advice for network security operations, and assesses the effectiveness of implemented security features and operations.
- You will develop, implement, maintain, and refine an integrated program of guidance, goals, standards, plans, procedures, and criteria for the assigned cybersecurity functional areas and associated programs.
- You will ensure internal security plans and implementing instructions are fully in compliance with higher echelon directives.
- You will ensure that all elements of the IT security program are responsive to and support overall program objectives and poses realistic strategies for meeting security requirements within the scope of routine operations.
- You will conduct scheduled inspections of cybersecurity records and activities.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530082900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.