You will serve as an IT Specialist (INFOSEC) in the Department of Defense (DoD) Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM), Program Executive Office (PEO), Defense Healthcare Management Systems (DHMS) of the DEFENSE HEALTH AGENCY.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide expert technical advice to the Chief, Application Architecture Section and Chief Engineer.
- You will serve as the Information Assurance (IA) point of contact for other Department of Defense (DoD) and Federal agencies.
- You will be responsible for IT IA incorporation, oversight, planning, budgeting, data sharing, acquisition, implementation and administration for medical IT, information systems (ISs), and communications.
- You will develop IA policies and guidance.
- You will serve as the Certifying Authority (CA) and provides recommendations to the Designated Accrediting Authority (DAA).
- You will ensure that security controls are implemented for interfacing with TRICARE contractor systems, headquarter systems, networks and centrally managed information systems while maintaining availability of patient information.
- You will review submitted Certification and Accreditation reports for quality, completeness, consistency of risk assessments and compliance of all sections to formatting standards, content requirements, and conformance to IA policies.
- You will provide consolidated input to the Certification and Accreditation contractor team, and validates that changes/corrections are completed accurately.
- You will represent Military Health System (MHS), Defense Healthcare Management Systems (DHMS), Defense Health Agency (DHA) IA on Federal and DoD IA Working Groups
- You will provide a wide range of recommendations concerning the development and maintenance of IA plans to sustain uninterrupted operations of DHA ISs.
- You will coordinate with DHA and TRICARE contractors to ensure correct cyber posture and completion of the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) process in support of interfacing with the TRICARE contractors? systems.
- You will serve as CA with technical information assurance oversight responsibility in coordination with DHA systems and TRICARE contractors ISs.
- You will evaluate and verify proposed software and hardware changes to health ISs and prior to the IS change process
- You will recommend changes in the development and maintenance of the DHA/DHMS IS IA policy.
- You will examine schedule for inconsistencies with current Certification and Accreditation efforts.
- You will evaluate and provide recommendations for Plan of Action and Milestones (POAandMs) for Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments (IAVAs) when necessary.
- You will provide input into the management of IT information assurance requirements and functions related to technology oversight for policy and enterprise-wide automation.
- You will serve as an IA and Physical Security advisor to MHS/DHMS/DHA on IA risks and the possible integration of emerging information assurance technology to offset identified risks.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530080500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.