This is a bargaining-unit position.Learn more about this agency
As an Economic Development Specialist you are an active participant in economic development, dedicated to optimizing the contributions that SBA's capital, contracting and small business counseling service have on the productive capacity, vitality and economic well-being of the communities and citizens served by the Massachusetts District Office. Will also perform administrative duties up to 45% of the time.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain a local network of collaborative partnerships with small business stakeholders such as economic development practitioners in federal, state, regional and local government, chambers of commerce, business associations, small business lending programs, educational institutions and civic/ community organizations.
- Conduct community outreach events and small business presentations/trainings
- Assess, advise, counsel and train a small business or individual that has contacted the Small Business Administration (SBA) for assistance.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Resource Partner Programs oversight and compliance.
- Administrative duties including:
Fiscal Management: Maintaining financial control of District Office expenditures using the SBA financial management system(s) as required by Agency procedures and Federal Law.
Human Resources Management: Overseeing the time and attendance of employees, documentation of employee recognition, employee benefits, maintaining confidentiality of sensitive employee information (Personally Identifiable Information). Ensuring all local human resource records are maintained to include cost allocation surveys and Personal Business Commitment Plans (PBCPs) as well as completing all personnel actions, coordination of the federal ID process, conducting new employee orientation and employee out-processing.
Information Technology Process Management/Local Technical Representative: Ensuring District computer systems, including desktop and laptop, are in configuration with SBA standards and are working efficiently.
Property and Facility Administration: Oversight of all District facilities including the District Office, Branch Office, Alternate Work Sites and SCORE offices.
At the GS-11 level, will work more independently with less direction.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530041200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.