The Digital Program Specialist position within the VHA Office of Communications, VHA Office of Digital Media (10B2C), maintains the accuracy and usability of over 260 websites and over 240 other online properties in VHA. Position provides support to health care communications officials by analyzing, evaluating, advising on and/orLearn more about this agency
coordinating the posting of data on or the review and approval process of onlineproperties owned by the Veterans Health Administration.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-11. At the GS-9, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-11. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
The incumbent in this position will maintain Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Field
and Central Office online properties and training and supports the Digital Media Office. Duties include but not limited to:
- Serves as a resource to all VHA online content managers on VHA's content practices.
- Recommends and conducts training courses by means of web-based training, video-conference or presentations on key topics impacting health care content presentation on VHA's online properties
- Provides, updates and features new online content on digital platforms. Responds, collects, and trends customer feedback referencing VHA issues online.
- Interfaces with appropriate Information Technology operational components to assure there is synergy between the content and technical aspects of VHA's online presence.
- Evaluates programs and practices of effective online communication and is responsible for supporting and influencing the design, development, and implementation of national system-wide policies, regulations, guidelines, and other information that influence the effective presentation of VHA's online properties.
- Assists in developing and implementing systems and processes to gather and analyze the information needed for the VHA Digital Media Director and Digital Program Managers to make strategic and tactical decisions.
- Delivers policy analyses and online communication strategy for the Department's overall Communication Plan, and in assuring compliance with federal internet content mandates.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Position Description Title/PD#: Communications Specialist/ 02750 & 027520
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
PCS Expenses: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529990700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.