This is a temporary promotion not to exceed one year. Selectee may be returned to previous position prior to completion of one full year.Learn more about this agency
The Safety & Occupational Health Specialist is assigned to the Facilities Management Service and works in conjunction with the Safety & Occupational Health Manager, with supervisor, union officials and safety and occupational health committees to eliminate or control hazardous operation or conditions.
Safety and occupational health specialists perform non-supervisory work including but not limited to the following:
- Inspecting - observing environmental conditions and employee performance patterns to identify hazards, detect risks, and determine causal relationships; developing abatement recommendations for safety and occupational health hazards.
- Investigating - searching for clues, studying variables, questioning witnesses, and retracing sequences to uncover the sources of reported injuries and illnesses.
- Conducts safety and fire protection orientation classes for all employees.
- Prepares written procedures for implementation of safety, fire protection, and occupational health policies.
- Assists others in Occupational Health and Safety with support for Emergency Management, environmental programs, and responding to unsafe conditions.
- Organizes material for the purpose of making presentations and conducting training, to include skill in written and oral communication.
- Understands NFPA National Fire Codes, regulations, practices and techniques applicable to facility fire protection, testing, and documentation.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8a-4:30p
Compressed/Flexible: not available
Telework: not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Safety & Occupational Health Specialist~/GS-09-903590/GS-07-90358-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529977900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.