For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.Learn more about this agency
This position is also being announced to All U.S. Citizens and Nationals under 19-RI-10470778-DE.
As an Information Technology Specialist in the United States Attorney's Office (USAO), you will:
- Provides IT customer service and support in troubleshooting, recovering, and resolving recurring software/hardware problems.
- Provides user training and assistance on a variety of routine applications and specialized applications used by the office.
- Assists in the configuration, installation, and maintenance of networked systems using knowledge of network standards and protocols, and knowledge of the capabilities and applications of network equipment including hubs, routers, switches, bridges, servers, and related hardware.
- Properly maintains and controls assigned telecommunications systems using knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Uses knowledge of systems security principles and methods to participate in testing and implementation of the district's information security program.
- Monitors compliance and maintains assigned information systems security procedures in accordance with internal, agency, and Federal information security regulations and policies.
- Performs assigned segments of the district's content management plan. Creates basic scripts or code using general knowledge of programming languages and tools. Evaluations code, responds to customer comments regarding broken links/files, and repairs errors. Carries out server maintenance functions using basic Internet server maintenance techniques.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529966300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.