VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System is seeking a board certified or board eligible Urologist for our growing program to perform primarily clinical duties as a Urologist with core responsibilities of admission, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of Veterans with illnesses, injuries, and disorders of the urological system, in inpatient and outpatient settings at multiple locations in the western portion of VISN 4 areas (Erie, Altoona, Butler and Pittsburgh).Learn more about this agency
Education and length of practice will be considered by a Compensation Panel in determining the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).
This position is in support of the Western Market portion of VISN 4 at the multiple VA facilities in the Pittsburgh, Altoona, Butler, and Erie areas. VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System (VAPHS) is one of the largest healthcare systems in the United States with state-of-the-art surgical technologies and serves as the acute tertiary care referral center for a large veteran population in Western Pennsylvania and surrounding areas. The duties of the position include, and are not limited to responsible to provide effective delivery of urological patient care services at the medical center and throughout western VISN 4 to include:
- Provide excellent clinical skills in the full range of Urology;
- Provide comprehensive clinical and surgical urological care to Veteran patients;
- Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services in inpatient and outpatient settings, ordering diagnostic studies and procedures, and performing surgical and non-surgical general urological procedures;
- Supervise urology residents in inpatient and outpatient settings including the operating room and clinic procedure rooms;
- Assist to improve systems based on evidence-based medicine, including participation in quality improvement processes;
- Support the assessment and coordination of educational programs for resident trainees and others;
- Effective and creative approach for teaching others involved in the delivery of urology care.
VAPHS is closely affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh, and therefore requires that candidates meet the criteria for an academic appointment.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position with travel to Erie, PA, Butler, PA, and Altoona, PA in support of Western Market expansion of services.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529963900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.