This is a bargaining-unit position.Learn more about this agency
This is not a (drug) testing designated position (TDP).
The Business Opportunity Specialist (BOS) serves as a member of the Massachusetts District Office team and is responsible for the full scope of the agency's government contracting and business development programs, as well as developing and conducting outreach and training to strengthen and improve business opportunities for eligible small businesses in the District.
- Program Compliance and 8(a) Business Development: Completing all assigned 8(a) Annual Reviews and Mentor Protégé/Joint Venture agreements and other programmatic support activities such as other letters, change of ownership requests, waivers and resolving contracting issues.
- Implement and optimize impact and effectiveness of the 8(a) Business Development Program, Small Disadvantaged Business Certification Program (SBD), Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone), Women/Economically Disadvantaged Owned Small Business (WOSB/EDWOSB) Program, Service Disabled Veteran (SDVOSB) and Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) Program and other small business certification and assistance programs.
- Training and Outreach: Public speaking is required to conduct or participate in training and outreach activities such as training 8(a) participants, contracting officers, and SBA Resource Partners.
- Small Business Opportunity Assistance: Provide assistance with small businesses, procuring entities, collaborative partners, resource partners and the general public regarding SBA programs and services.
- Business Development: Reviews firms' annual business plans and assists with increasing revenue and business development.
- Ensure SBA's strategic plan and mission are communicated and achieved by the team by leading or coaching the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods; identifying, distributing and balancing workload within team;and arranging for professional development and training opportunities.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529958600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.