The RN encompasses providing care to an Inpatient population on a Psychiatric Inpatient Unit under Patient Care Services within the John D. Dingell VA Medical Center. This unit provides care to veterans with acute psychiatric illness. The patient population ranges from young adult to geriatric. Common diagnoses include: depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder as well as dual diagnoses. The RN is accountable as a primary nurse for a defined group of patients and may function as charge nurse.Learn more about this agency
- Collaborates with members of the interdisciplinary treatment team and ancillary services to plan and implement the veteran's plan of care, provides patient teaching as appropriate
- Analyzes and upgrades patient care through quality improvement activities
- Monitors activities occurring within the unit when acting in the charge nurse capacity
- Strives to maintain clinical competencies through continuous study
- In-services and participation in obtaining continuing education units
- Based on education and experience, may be assigned responsibilities as preceptor
- Responsible for assignments of GS staff (LPNs CNAs)
- Maintain BLS and/or ACLS
***CURRENT RECRUITMENT SHIFTS (2) 7:00am-3:30pm rotating days to include weekends and holidays***
Work Schedule:11:00pm-7:30am, 7:00am-3:30pm, or 3:00pm-11:30pm, Days will rotate and include weekends and holidays.
The RN may be assigned to work an alternate shift to meet patient care needs.
This is an Open Continuous Announcement. Resumes/Questionnaires received in USA Staffing in response to this announcement will be maintained in the USA Staffing job file. Qualification determinations will be done based on the applicant's resume/questionnaire/documents submitted for the position and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to Service.**The first list of eligible applicants will be pulled for referral on Monday, April 22, 2019**. Subsequent referrals of qualified applicants will be referred on the 5th of each month (Cutoff dates) or as need it. The vacancy announcement will remain open until closed, canceled or filled.**
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529926300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.