This position is located in the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB). The FASAB serves the public interest by improving federal financial reporting through issuing federal financial accounting standards and providing guidance after considering the needs of external and internal users of federal financial information.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position reports to the Executive Director and serves as a Senior Accountant, responsible for providing expert advice and technical support to the FASAB and the Accounting and Auditing Policy Committee (AAPC) in the establishment of financial accounting concepts, standards, and related implementation guidance for the federal government. This includes planning and conducting complex research and analysis on a wide range of accounting issues in support of proposals and decisions by the FASAB and the AAPC. The incumbent facilitates FASAB and AAPC deliberations through performance of the duties below:
- Leads the formulation and development of implementation guidance for accounting standards and concepts proposed by the FASAB and the AAPC.
- Plans and conducts complex research, analysis and studies on accounting issues identified as projects before FASAB and the AAPC. Projects involve a wide range of issues, such as Leases, Land, Public Private Partnerships, and Reporting Model; and varied accounting functions and activities.
- Monitors and interprets existing and emerging accounting and financial reporting principles developments; and analyzes impact on current concepts, standards and practices.
- Develops recommendations to resolve complex government financial reporting issues; and prepares research reports, position papers, and / or discussion memoranda in support of projects before the FASAB. Decisions of the FASAB have wide-spread impact and may influence operations government-wide.
- Leads efforts of task forces, comprised of high level experts in their respective fields, convened to consider and/or develop recommendations to be presented to the Board. Analyzes comments received on formal proposals by the Board and recommends appropriate actions.
- Participates in and/or facilitates discussions at public meetings of the FASAB and AAPC the. As required, represents the FASAB in public hearings and maintains appropriate public records regarding Board activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529921700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.