The ideal candidate will have demonstrated program management skills, ability to multi-task, experience identifying new analytical techniques and experience with public speaking/facilitation. This position starts at a salary of $137,849 (GS-15). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Nat Preparedness Assessment team within FEMA.
Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position you will be responsible for complex analysis and providing expert advice to ensure linkage to strategic planning, program operations, business practices and fiscal resources.
Typical duties include:
- Representing National Preparedness Assessment Division (NPAD) in programmatic discussions with internal/external stakeholders
- Providing supervisory oversight to all branch personnel
- Planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating organizational programs in consultation with subordinate supervisors; and serving as an authoritative analyst within the branch
- Providing Senior Leadership as well as internal/external stakeholders information and guidance on the development and implementation of programs, policies and directives
- Conducting quantitative, qualitative, and trend data analysis
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5-15%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529913200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.