As a Program Analyst you will monitor and evaluate the development of regional programs, operating policies and procedures
This position is located in General Services Administration (GSA), National Capital Region (NCR), Public Buildings Service (PBS), the Office of Design and Construction (ODC), in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
As a Program Analyst, you will perform the following duties:
- Monitors and evaluates assigned regional programs and initiatives. Develops recommendations for regional activities, operating policies and procedures. Serves as technical advisor for assigned program activities, obtaining appropriate resources to facilitate the accomplishment of objectives.
- Plans or directs complex projects requiring evaluation and identification of a variety of operational problems, evaluating alternative solutions and recommending appropriate action. The work may involve aspects that are new, controversial and extremely complex. Analysis and evaluation requires development of new or modified methods, organizational structures, management processes, procedures, and guidelines.
- Conducts complex analytical studies that are of special interest to specific functional activities or programs, and participates in unusual, controversial and sometimes highly sensitive aspects of the program. Reviews, evaluates and monitors the progress of regional program areas in accomplishing Agency-wide objectives by appraising performance, progress, program status and trends against approved objectives, and program goals and schedules.
- Designs and undertakes comprehensive management studies, initiatives, or data-gathering efforts, where the boundaries of the studies are extremely broad and difficult to determine in advance, i.e., the actual limits of the project are developed as the study proceeds. Studies are typically designed to provide information that will assist management in controlling GSA's diverse program areas, affects program delivery, and identify actual or potential problem areas impacting program operations.
- Prepares or conducts briefings for higher level management to explain the specific analysis of subject matter, as well as to provide recommendations or action plans and provide guidance or direction for implementation. Makes recommendations for the development or modification of program objectives and resource utilization to achieve the established goals, and to improve the performance of operating programs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529904700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.