This position is part of the Defense Media Activity. The incumbent of this position serves as a senior Writer-Editor for all DMA/DoD electronic and print publications, initiating and managing comprehensive news and command information programs to enhance the understanding of DoD and Joint Chief of Staff(JCS) goals and objectives among the uniformed and civilian members of the DoD and their families.Learn more about this agency
As a WRITER-EDITOR at the GS-1082-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Editing Defense.gov content, including articles, blogs and written words associated with video content, ensuring they are accurate, complete and written to the highest standard in terms of style and mechanics.
- Editing DOD social media posts.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of current Defense Department priorities and communication objectives.
- Adhering to process procedures and moving content through the workflow in a timely manner.
- Working as sole editor from time to time after duty hours and on weekends.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529877900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.