The Nurse Manager has 24 hours, 7 days a week accountability for the provision and evaluation of patient care in the assigned area, and for the management and supervision of staff as assigned. The Nurse Manager demonstrates management practices that include effective labor and performance management, leadership skills, and clinical skills of a registered nurse. The Nurse Manager provides organizational performance improvement oversight to ensure positive patient outcomes, and staff and patients.Learn more about this agency
The Nurse Manager is accountable for applicable accreditation standards for the medical center.
The Nurse Manager:
1. Provides leadership application of the nursing process to client care, organizational processes / systems, by improving outcomes at the program / service level.
2. Initiates interdisciplinary projects to improve organizational performance.
3. Uses professional standards of care and practice to evaluate programs and / or service activities.
4. Implements an educational plan to meet changing programs or service needs for self and others. Maintains knowledge of current techniques, trends and professional issues.
5. Coaches colleagues in team building. Makes sustained contributions to healthcare by sharing expertise internally and / or externally.
6. Provides leadership in identifying and addressing ethical issues that impact client and staff, including initiating and participating in ethics consultations.
7. Uses the group process to identify, analyze and resolve care problems.
8. Collaborates with others in research activities to improve care.
9. Manages program resources (financial, human, material or informational) to facilitate safe, effective and efficient care.
10. This position requires both clinical/ direct patient care as well as supervisory responsibilities.
Work Schedule: 40 hours a week Administrative
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529858200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.