Learn more about this agency
VAMC Tomah (http://www.tomah.va.gov/) has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to veterans living in a Western/Central area of Wisconsin.
This position is located in Medicine Service Line at the Tomah VA medical Center. The Tomah VAMC is a complexity level 3 facility. The primary purpose of the positions to serve as a Non-VA care Coordinator. It is a foundational role within the continuum of patient care, working collaboratively with the patient care teams as well as a variety of specialty health care providers. This include registered nurse care managers, primary care and/or specialty care providers, pharmacists, social workers, dieticians, behavioral health specialist, etc. to provide a robust interdisciplinary approach to care. Important interfaces and collaborations also occur with larger health care system providers including VA and non VA specialists, hospitals, diagnostics and treating facilities, and community based programs.
- Provides administrative support to clinicians and other administrative and professional staff.
- Coordinates medical care for patients when medical provider has deemed such care necessary.
- Acts as liaison between the patient and vendor.
- Explains the mandate to collect insurance information to patients and their families.
- Provides administrative scheduling and appointment coordination for diagnostic testing, and consultative appointments.
- Ensures all necessary components and documentation is distributed to appropriate services in the private institution where service will be provided.
- Makes and notifies patients of scheduled appointments with outside providers.
- Generates authorizations for pre-authorized medical care.
- Makes eligibility determinations for various programs
- Prioritizes requested procedure based on urgency and compensation and pension exams
Work Schedule: Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Support Assistant PSA-13339A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: None
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529822500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.