This position is being recruited under Section 1107 of the NDAA Year 2016 (Public Law 114-92) in the new Cyber Excepted Service (CES). Positions in the cyber excepted service are positions necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the United States Cyber Command. This position in the excepted service does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
- Implements, maintains, and analyzes automatic data processing (ADP) techniques, procedures and security requirements in order to determine overall technical features and security protection required for ADP systems and networks.
- Prepares new or modifies existing products by applying expert judgement and ingenuity in interpreting information and providing recommendations or making decisions which impact policies and programs
- Prepares life cycle maintenance documentation, reports, computer security operating procedures, and certification and accreditation plans.
- Provides guidance to resolve processing problems. Conducts interviews with users and generates requirements and system specifications for new or modified ADP systems, software and/or hardware.
- Applies new theories, developments and procedures to solve ADP processing problems not applicable to standard guidelines or policies.
- Makes decisions and commitments based on interpretation of regulation and guidelines.
Occasional travel - Less than 25%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529799800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.