As the Management Analyst for Medical Administration Service, the incumbent will provide technical advice to the MAS Supervisors and Administrative Officer throughout the Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System. Work is primarily involved with patient concerns, patient workload and/or analysis techniques used to monitor workload/patient data as is relates to performance measures, clinic wait times associated with Access Measures and Budget Planning for outsourced services and patient needs.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Uses patient workload and/or analysis techniques used to monitor workload/patient data as it relates performance measures, clinic wait times associated with Access Measures and Budget Planning for outsourced services and patient needs.
- Facilitates menu access and training for appointed staff to HAS following guidelines to implement and monitor appropriate scheduling practices.
- Independently performs analysis to ensure all scheduling and appointment management is conducted appropriately and makes on the spot corrections and/or recommendations to the HAS Supervisor/AO.
- Performs continuous analytical functions relating to data capture, workload, workflow monitoring, eligibility, patient scheduling and flow, impacting the management of the Clinics with the VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System (VATVCBHCS) HAS functions, to support the HAS Supervisor/AO.
- Responsible for creating new techniques to continually strive to establish improved reporting tools assisting the HAS Supervisor in daily workflow of the clinic.
- Formulates and presents recommendations to Clinic Management on improvement techniques and processes.
- Establishes internal clinics and matrixes: as well as recall reminder system to adhere to established scheduling directives.
- Independently formulates and executes training of HAS staff in areas that directly impacts patient care and processing, and VERA funding (i.e., workflow processes, scheduling, data capture).
- Researches and develops materials used to train staff at all levels to include management.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, alternate tours may be available.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Management Analyst~/00367-A & 00366-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529780500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.