The purpose of the is position is to serve as a senior veterinary medical officer providing direction and advice on aspects of public health issues related to zoonotic diseases. This position will function as a recognized consultant and veterinary medical expert on zoonotic disease surveillance and epidemiology, the prevention and control of zoonotic diseases, and the integration between veterinary and public health research and practice.Learn more about this agency
As a Veterinary Medical Officer (Bilingual), you will:
- Serve as senior veterinary medical officer, examining the animal-human interface of zoonotic diseases.
- Lead a research agenda to address critical unmet needs related to zoonotic diseases at the animal-human interface and consult on scientific and technical issues and on the design and implementation of training programs.
- Provide substantial input in the day-to-day technical and scientific planning, implementation, and analysis of veterinary medical aspects of public health research studies conducted by scientists.
- Plan and evaluate extensive, long-range scientific programs and projects targeting critical public health problems related to zoonotic diseases; advocates evidence-based policies and public health action.
- Develop, manage, and coordinate the sharing of health related educational or informational materials on zoonotic diseases so that scientific advice and assistance is shared.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529774100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.