The Nurse practices as a registered nurse in the Diagnostic Cardiology Section, Nursing Section of Patient Care services within the Detroit VA Medical Center. The Diagnostic Cardiology Section is a specialty care unit that's scope of care includes surgical and medical patients requiring advance diagnostic cardiac care services. Their primary diagnoses include cardiac disease and other medical illnesses. The age of the patient population ranges from adult to geriatrics.Learn more about this agency
- Primary nurse for a defined group of patients for a specified tour of duty
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in the Cath Lab nursing skills such as hemodynamic monitoring, early recognition of cardiac lethal dyshythmias and effective treatment of life threatening cardiac complications
- Follows approved Cath Lab protocols and works collaboratively with all members of the Cath Lab interdisciplinary team
- Based upon education and experience, the nurse may be responsibility as preceptor or charge nurse
- Must be comfortable caring for ICU, Step-Down and Telemetry patients when the need arises
- Must assess and monitor the patient closely in order to identify subtle changes in a patient's condition that warrant immediate intervention
- Patients admitted tend to be medically stable or unstable, requiring constant cardiac and respiratory monitoring and continual adjustment of treatments, such as the titration and dosing of multiple intravenous medications and possible changes in ventilatorary support.
- Must be able to interpret, integrate and respond to a wide array of clinical information
- Maintain BLS and ACLS certification
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
This is an Open Continuous Announcement. Resumes/Questionnaires received in USA Staffing in response to this announcement will be maintained in the USA Staffing job file. Qualification determinations will be done based on the applicant's resume/questionnaire/documents submitted for the position and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to Service.**The first list of eligible applicants will be pulled for referral on Friday, April 19, 2019**. Subsequent referrals of qualified applicants will be referred on the 8th of each month (Cutoff dates) or as need it. The vacancy announcement will remain open until closed, canceled or filled.**
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529772300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.