WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.Learn more about this agency
See "Other Information" for Locations
WHAT DOES NETWORK SERVICES INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST DO? As an Information Technology Specialist (Network Services) you will be involved in the implementation, evaluation, and/or dissemination of IRS IT network components, tools, and procedures. In this position you will come across complex issues in the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, installation, implementation, maintenance, and/or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video formats. The solutions of problems and issues have application outside the organization, and are adaptable to many customers or IRS sites.
As an Information Technology Specialist (Network Services) you will:
- Lead the local implementation of national projects to provide network services that support business requirements.
- Plan, design, develop, and integrate network systems consistent with existing or planned network infrastructures.
- Lead projects to develop requirements for the acquisition of network hardware, software, and services.
- Serve as a network administrator on a large local system, including responsibility for: configuring hubs, switches, and routers; monitoring network performance and performing network diagnostics.
- Analyze network traffic patterns and install network software fixes and upgrades.
- Develop and implement configuration management plans on a significant local project for complex LANs and WANs.
- Create network maps, and troubleshoot network problems (e.g., outages).
- Design connectivity between remote sites on a significant local project.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov/ IRSITJobs
Occasional travel - 1 TO 5 NIGHTS OF TRAVEL MAY BE REQUIRED
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529751300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.