This position works in the operation divisions of the District of Columbia Courts providing administrative and clerical support as assigned.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent should be an enthusiastic and engaged professional who enjoys working with a diverse group of Court personnel and customers and lives the DC Courts’ values of Accountability, Excellence, Fairness, Integrity, Respect, and Transparency.
The Bilingual (Spanish) Deputy Clerk works in the operational divisions of the District of Columbia Courts providing administrative and clerical support and providing exceptional customer-service in English and Spanish to the public, judicial officers, attorneys or staff. Duties include some or all of the following:
- Assists general public, attorneys, judicial officers and staff.
- Provides exceptional customer service in English and Spanish.
- Reviews and processes documents and orders.
- Completes forms or other materials such as warrants, summonses, complaints, and subpoenas.
- Provides and receives information from citizens, police officers and witnesses as necessary for clarifying facts or preparing reports.
- Maintains calendars, appointments, juries, and services.
- Collects and compiles statistical data.
- Administers oaths or affirmations.
- Types correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Files jackets and case documents.
- Enters and retrieves data using automated databases and manual logs.
This announcement will create a roster/list for all Superior Court Bilingual Deputy Clerk vacancies.
The selected candidate must be able to speak, interpret, read and write Spanish and English fluently.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529663600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.