Social Work responsibilities include the assessment of psychosocial problems often at a time when the Veteran is experiencing crisis and include the provision of short-term, solution focused counseling with Veterans and/or their families. Referrals typically originate from members of the interdisciplinary team, from Veterans and/or their families coming as walk-ins to seek assistance, and from community professionals.Learn more about this agency
- Independently completes thorough psychosocial assessments to determine the psychosocial functioning and needs of Veterans and/or their families.
- Be able to utilize and assess in facilitating the Veteran's maximum use of treatment for the highest level of independence.
- Actively participate as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and actively participate through collaboration with Veterans and family as well as interdisciplinary treatment team members in the development and implementation of treatment goals and interventions.
- Facilitate actions for community placements through collaboration with Veterans and their families as well as interdisciplinary treatment team members to ensure that appropriate community placements are completed in a timely manner.
- Community placements can involve but are not limited to referrals to contract nursing homes, community nursing homes, Community Living Centers, residential care homes, assisted living facilities, inpatient and outpatient hospice services.
- Must serve as a liaison between Veterans and/or their families and VA and community.
- Must provide consultation and education to Veterans and their families regarding VA as well as community resources and services.
- Must be available to provide consultation to other treatment team and staff members regarding psychosocial needs of Veterans and/or their families and the impact of the identified psychosocial problems on the Veteran's health care planning and compliance with treatment.
- Provide case management services and crisis intervention to Veterans and their families.
- Provide education and assistance with advance care planning. (i.e. Advance Directives/Living Wills and Organ Donation)
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday _ Friday 7:45am - 4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529655500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.