The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the Prestonsburg Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) works under the supervision of the Registered Nurse or the M.D. and within the scope of his/her education and employment. The LPN is responsible for observing, recording and reporting changes in the patient's condition, as well as assisting in the development and revision of the patient-driven holistic life care plan.Learn more about this agency
The LPN's Duties include and are not limited to the following:
- Carries out routine and complex medical/surgical treatments as assigned, including but not limited to: phlebotomy, insertion and irrigation of nasogastric tubes, removal of sutures/staples, irrigating indwelling urethral and suprapubic catheters, inserts and discontinues peripheral intravenous lines, monitors IV site and flow rate of fluid, administers implant injections, EKGs, application UNA boots, assist with GYN exam, slide preps and cast removal.
- Implementing age specific knowledge and skills to modify communication to accommodate hearing, visual, and cognitive impairments for adult and geriatric patients.
- Promoting individualized nursing care that meets the needs of the patient.
- Coordinating activities under the supervision of the RN/MD in a manner which facilitates patient care and flow.
- Accurately reporting and recording significant patient information with only general review by the RN for technical soundness, appropriateness, and conformity with policy and nursing assignments.
- Performing assignments in a timely and proficient manner.
- Following the local Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) drafted in accordance with the manufacturer's written recommendations in the handling of Reusable Medical Equipment (RME).
- Completing treatments, procedures, and administration of medications in a manner consistent with Medical Center and Nursing Service guidelines.
- Being proficient in providing pre- and post-operative care to a wide-range of patients.
- Keeping other staff informed of patient problems and the need for resolution.
- Maintaining confidentiality of patient information via written, verbal, and/or electronic record.
- Contributing to the overall care delivery and family/patient satisfaction levels through active participation in committees/task forces.
- Routinely counseling and providing health teaching to enhance the client's knowledge to maintain comfort and an environment conducive to well-being in the events surrounding pre-operative care.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am- 4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529522500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.