This position is located in Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Bureau of Health Workforce (BHW), Division of Business Operations (DBO). The duty location for this position is in Rockville, MD.Learn more about this agency
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
This position is a mission critical occupation and is responsible for the analysis of system and/or security requirements, the development and implementation of mission critical applications for the agency's Information Technology operations.
As an IT Specialist focused on systems analysis , you will be responsible for using project management methodologies to implement innovative IT solutions that support and enhance the BHW mission, enhance program efficiencies, reduce costs, reduce administrative burden for internal and external customers, and enhance customer service and satisfaction.
Specifically, you will:
- Serve as a project lead on an integrated project team from planning, coordinating, managing, and monitoring the cost, schedule, risks, and performance of software development and related technology projects.
- Coordinates testing activities, including user acceptance testing, to ensure functionality meets customer needs, works as designed, and is deployed with minimal or no defects.
- Provide technical guidance to customers and stakeholders in formulating business and technical requirements, and stays engaged with customers throughout the project to ensure adequate communication and timely feedback on proposed designs.
- Develop, maintain, and support IT projects to meet customer needs.
- Prepare detailed documentation of customer needs such as requirements, business rules, inputs, outputs, flow diagrams, decision logic tables, and interfaces with other systems.
- Conduct modeling and forecasting load and usage patterns to determine hardware requirements, and develop requirements traceability matrices, use cases, and testing plans.
- Analyze and compile customers' business needs and functional requirements, and makes recommendations for prioritizing requirements.
- Communicates key project information to management, stakeholders, and customers.
- Consult and advise users and peers on the use, availability and limitations of systems, services, and data.
- Communicate innovative approaches and recommendations for prioritization and sequencing of projects to maximize program impact and reduce risks.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529444700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.