This position is located in Data Migration and Management within the Technology and Integration Office for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Electronic Health Record Modernization (OEHRM), within the Office of the Deputy Secretary of VA (DEPSECVA).Learn more about this agency
This is a non bargaining position.
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates in increments of 50 will be referred based on hiring needs
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (ENTARCH/DATAMGT)/ 17993A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
- Develop tools and processes for performing data validation, data quality checks and data profiling; Perform data validation, data quality checks and data profiling.
- Document the Data Migration and Management architecture infrastructure, including thebusiness units and key processes, validation and reviews.
- Provide leadership in developing, implementing, evaluating and improving processes in thestandardization of a VA IT systems designed to enhance veteran's healthcare and benefitsprograms and services.
- Design, program, test, and modify applications for prototype software systems, andintegrate a related group of software programs with shared data.
- Translate technical specifications into programming specifications; develop, customize, oracquire applications software programs; and test, debug, and maintain software programs.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529260000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.