What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: $44,765 (Step 01) to $58,196 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.Learn more about this agency
As a Biological Science Technician (FISHERIES) within the Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Conducts field studies and surveys to collect fisheries data and/or specimens. This includes assisting scientists in the development of study plans.
- Collects and organizes field data using a variety of data collection methods, techniques, procedures, and equipment.
- Conducts a variety of data manipulation and analyses such as compiling and tabulating data and other resource management information.
- Compiles, analyzes and summarized field and lab data for preparation of final reports and publications.
- Prepares and analyzes samples following a variety of procedures for biochemical analyses.
- Oversees and trains new technicians and field crews in standard field data collection and analytical techniques.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
The work requires some physical exertion, such as regular and recurring running, walking, or bending, walking or climbing ladders or scaffolds to observe, collect or record data.
The work environment varies from laboratory setting to field sites and offices. The work involves moderate risks and discomforts such as high noise levels and exposure to chemicals, adverse weather conditions, and extreme temperatures that may require following special safety procedures. Field work may require camping of up to 20 consecutive nights in back country conditions.
75% or less - Overnight travel of up to 20 consecutive nights per month may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529259600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.