The incumbent serves as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC & NETWORK) and is responsible for planning, analyzing, developing, integrating, implementing, documenting, and managing network systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video and for Information Technology (IT) policy and planning.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent performs work independently or as a member of a team in the development, delivery, administration, support, sustainment, modernization, sunsetting, and remediation of IT systems and services. Work involves the planning and delivery of a full range of information technology hardware and software services, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, training, upgrading, patching, reporting, modifying, and enhancing IT systems to meet customer requirements. Information technology includes computers, network components, peripheral equipment, software, cyber-security patching, infrastructure management systems, firmware, services, and all other IM/IT-related resources. The network function requires evaluating, defining, designing, and redesigning network architecture and infrastructures in response to advanced network technologies, changes to communications business processes, and/or new requirements.Other duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in web-based applications, network, and systems designs to ensure the implementation of systems security policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Develop documentation such as standard operating procedures, instructions and guidance for networks, system operations, and product installation.
- Lead network operating system and/or application software projects to ensure that current releases of software products are in use.
- Monitor remote network support to maintain and improve internal service response times.
- Use various network management or mapping software to identify potential bottlenecks or traffic problem areas.
- Test and implement new policies, processes and technologies in support of risk, vulnerability and threat mitigation activities across the full portfolio of the Agency's IT mission and business systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529111700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.