The Information Technology Office (ITO) works with each of the other divisions within the Federal Judicial Center: Research, Education, History, and International Relations. ITO consists of an applications development team, systems team, and a technical support team. The internship can include work with any of the technology teams. Assignments will depend on the active projects at the time of the internship.Learn more about this agency
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Information Technology Intern is to assist staff through the following kinds of activities (responsibilities may vary depending on need):
- Assist in the planning and delivery of live web conferences.
- Attend program planning and team meetings.
- Carry out a range of technical and office support activities.
- Create basic applications (e.g., Drupal, HTML).
- Conduct research and write summary reports on current technical topics.
- Connect PCs, Macs, tablets, phones and other devices to WiFi and static internet.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations on technology topics.
- Double-check A/V equipment in the FJC auditorium, conference and training rooms for use by the Center.
- Interact with judicial employees and/or officers nationwide, via telephone, email, intranet and in-person.
- Organize and inventory software/hardware assets.
- Provide A/V and IT technical support for programs and meetings (this includes serving as an in-room technician).
- Provide assistance to Center staff who may require help when developing presentations, using applications such as MS Office Suite, and other technology requests.
- Provide direct first-level support on a variety of software and hardware platforms: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Drupal, Macs, PCs, iPads, and iPhones.
- Record sessions.
- Regression testing.
- Write technical handouts and reference guides.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529092100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.