This National Guard position is for a MATERIALS HANDLER, Position Description Number D0903000 and is part of the OH USPFO Central Issue Facility, Ohio Army National Guard.
This position is located in a maintenance facility, warehouse, training site, supply or support type facility. Its purpose is to oversee one or more product lines, a segment of a large warehouse, or serve as the senior employee in a smaller warehouse or supply facility.
OHIO ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. Learn more about this agency
As a MATERIALS HANDLER, WG-6907-6, you will perform the following duties:
1. Performs a full range of warehousing activities to include receiving, storing, selecting and shipping bulk and bin materials and equipment. Assists in the development of plans for storage and arrangement of stock to determine warehouse configuration, setup, movement, rearrangement and traffic flow. In larger warehouse facilities, the incumbent may participate in developing storage and space utilization plans in accordance with materials storage areas. The assignment may include insuring the safe receipt, storage, and movement of hazardous items such as ammunition, explosives, chemicals, or radioactive materials in accordance with facility and regulatory requirements.
2. Coordinates incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within docking area. Schedules personnel to facilitate movement in accordance with priorities, scheduling requirements and space allocations. Operates large warehouse perimeter vehicles such as cargo tractors, stake trucks, mobile cranes, and forklifts ranging in size up to 10,000 lbs.
3. Prepares inventory and production reports, screens and identifies shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and directs shipments to shipping or storage areas. May be required to store hazardous materials. This requires knowledge or specialized handling, storing, and safety procedures that can only be gained through formal course of study and on-the-job training to insure adherence to governing regulatory procedures and policies.
4. Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts and disposes of a wide variety of materials and property including electronic equipment, aircraft and automotive components and assemblies. Determines physical condition and serviceability of material and property. Checks stock numbers and part numbers in supply catalogs to adequately identify property.
5. Performs other related duties as required.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#:D0903000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529040800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.