The Office of Finance and Management (AFN) is the FAA's shared services organization, responsible for providing common business services through a consolidated, integrated approach. AFN delivers high-quality, efficient, and reliable finance, acquisitions, contracting, information technology, property, logistics, technical training, and regional integration services across the agency and federal government.Learn more about this agency
The Director of Acquisition Policy & Oversight provides executive direction for the FAA’s Acquisition Management System (AMS) as well as a broad range of Agency-wide acquisition support services and oversight functions. The incumbent is responsible for continuously evolving the AMS to support innovative approaches for the acquisition of air traffic systems, technologies, real property, and all other products and services the FAA needs to meet its mission. The incumbent has direct oversight over 100 personnel located in approximately 20 locations to include HQ and across the country.
- Oversees the development and distribution of agency-wide lifecycle acquisition policy, guidance, and tools that comprise and support the FAA’s Acquisition Management System (AMS). AMS policy spans from research for service analysis, through concept requirements and definition, investment analysis, solution implementation, and in-service management for major facilities and equipment, advanced surveillance and automation systems, and other capital investments. It addresses all aspects of procurement and contracting, including acquisition strategy, market analysis, contract writing and clauses, solicitation, negotiation, award, administration, and termination for all of the goods, services, space and land the Agency requires. Monitors agency acquisition metrics and reporting, including external data calls and reporting requirements.
- Oversees quality assurance, inspection and contract acceptance of safety and mission critical air traffic control systems used throughout the National Airspace System (NAS). This function ensures systems, equipment, and services meet contract requirements and quality assurance standards before they are deployed in the NAS.
- Oversees cost/price analysis services, to support the award and administration of FAA’s most complex contracts (typically contracts valued over $100M) as well as cost/price expertise for training and development, audits, and evaluations.
- Oversees acquisition and contract reviews and audits. This includes internal reviews to assess compliance, evaluate benefits and outcomes, identify areas for organizational focus, identify and promote best practices. It also includes interfacing with the GAO, OIG, FAA Office of Security, DOT and Congressional staff, and other external entities regarding FAA Acquisitions.
- Directly accountable for planning and managing a directorate budget of more than $20 million. Ensures efficient management and safeguarding of resources and assures internal controls meet agency standards.
- Oversees the Joint Resources Council and Operations Governance Board investment review processes and Secretariats.
- Oversees workforce planning and development for the FAA's Acquisition Workforce, which includes training and certification of FAA program managers, contracting officers/specialists, Contracting Officer Representatives, and a variety of other acquisition roles and disciplines.
25% or less - The job may require up to 25% travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528998900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.