This position is with-in Engineering Service of the Robley Rex VA Medical Center, and assigned a wide variety of duties of a journeyman electrician.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesPrimary duties of this position are:
- installation, modification, repair, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and testing of complex electrical systems, circuits, equipment, appliances, controls, components, lighting fixtures, and alarm systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems through the application of logic and sound engineering principles.
- Use a wide range of test equipment, meters, monitoring devices, and special tools to accomplish all work in accordance with the National Electric Code (NEC).
- perform all electrical and associated work required or expected of a journeyman electrician.
- Design (minor), installing, modifying, repairing, maintaining, troubleshooting, testing, loading, and balancing new and existing electrical circuits and associated fixtures, controls, and equipment.
- Secondary power distribution systems used to supply a wide range of voltage, amperage, and phase requirements to distribution panels, switchgear,
power and control circuits, and industrial multiphase systems.
- Maintain and repair all electrical equipment including transformers, feeders, motors, generators, starters, overload and over current protectors, transfer switches, and controllers.
- Troubleshoot and maintain electric and electronic control circuits on equipment, including dietetic equipment, rotary files, isolated power systems, fire alarm systems, intrusion alarm systems and intercom systems, micro-processing and magnetic locking door entry systems, and environmental alarm
systems. In this position you will perform a variety of related duties.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, however it may be necessary to occasionally work 2nd shift to meets the needs of the service.
Position Description Title/PD#: /40137-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528920500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.