Joining the United States Secret Service, Office of the Chief Counsel will allow you to provide legal opinions, advice, and representation to and on behalf of the Secret Service and its protective, investigative and administrative programs and activities. This Attorney-Advisor position starts at a salary of $68,036 (GS-11 step 1), with promotion potential to $148,967 (GS-14 step 10). For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as an Attorney-Advisor in the Office of the Chief Counsel. Typical work assignments include:
- Performing legal research and providing oral and written legal advice, counsel, and opinions in regard to the laws, regulations, court decisions, and other precedents bearing on the legal issues involving or impacting Secret Service protective, investigative, and administrative responsibilities.
- Representing the Secret Service in administrative hearings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Merit Systems Protection Board.
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents including litigation reports, motions, briefs, charges, pleadings, discovery requests and responses, internal and external correspondence, legislative language, Department and Agency policy, memoranda and contractual agreements.
- Conducting training in various areas of the law impacting the Secret Service’s mission.
- Providing legal services and legal advice, counsel, guidance, interpretation, opinions, and assistance on a wide range of legal and policy matters relating to employment law, personnel law, Equal Employment Opportunity issues, employee disciplinary matters, whistleblower issues, fiscal issues, procurement, ethics, FTCA claims and Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act appeals; providing legal services in the area of electronic surveillance laws and technology, and computer searches and seizures; and providing legal advice on privacy laws and constitutional protections as they pertain to criminal and protection related investigations.
Occasional travel - *****
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528874100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.