THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Safety Specialist, Position Description Number D0695000 and is part of the WY Training Center Command, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Army National Guard (ARNG) STARC Headquarters, Aviation and Safety Office (Model A) / Safety and Occupational Health Office (Model B), Ground Safety Section. The purpose of this position is to provide guidance, recommendations and assistance to supervisors and employees regarding established safety methods and techniques.
(1) Implements plans, policies and procedures to comply with DOD, DA, OSHA and NGB safety regulations and directives.
(2) Plans and conducts periodic and unscheduled surveys and inspections of all ARNG facilities including ammunition storage, warehouse, and equipment maintenance facilities, to determine compliance with OSHA standards.
(3) Serves as a technical representative to State Safety Councils and Committees.
(4) Evaluates the effectiveness of organizational safety programs through activity visits.
(5) Coordinates with operating activities to provide safety training, and ensures safety awareness throughout the ARNG.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528830200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.