This position functions as a staff psychologist in the Mental Health Service at the Toledo Community Based Outpatient Clinic, OH, part of the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System. This work provides veteran patients psychological services involving assessment, treatment, consultation, and education. The staff psychologist provides evidence-based services for a wide range of psychological, substance use and health related behavioral problems for patients with a wide range of patient characteristics.Learn more about this agency
This position is for a counseling for clinical psychologist to function as a staff psychologist in the Primary Care Mental Health Integration(PCMHI) section in the Mental Health Service of the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System (VAAAHS). The incumbent may be assigned to any VHA program and setting, such as inpatient or outpatient medicine, primary care, surgery, mental health, neurology, rehabilitation medicine, geriatrics, Compensation and Pension, Vet Centers, and the VHA National Center for Organization Development. The incumbent may diagnose mental disorders, conduct psychological or neuropsychological assessments, treat mental disorders through a variety of modalities, and provide adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders. The incumbent is expected to provide psychological assessment, intervention, and consultation services as assigned; and to coordinate clinical care between services and across the continuum of care; primarily, but not exclusively, for outpatients. Among the modalities provided are individual, family, and group psychotherapies and other interventions such as behavioral health and community interventions. The incumbent consult with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues. Staff psychologists may be involved in program evaluation, teaching, training, and research activities
Clinical Responsibilities: (50-100% of time)
- Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions, including evidence based therapies as appropriate; as well interpretive feedback of assessment results where indicated.
- Eligible for instructional track appointment in the Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan
- Provides clinical supervision to various disciplines and levels of training, as directed.
- Provides teaching and mentorship to Neuropsychology trainees, peers, and patients, as directed.
- Provides lectures at seminars as assigned and qualified.
- Serves on Health System Committees and Workgroups, as directed.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528810300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.