This open continuous announcement meant to fill social worker vacancies within the Mental Health Service Line, Primary Care, Integrated Care Services (ICS), CBOC's & Joint Venture. The social worker in this Veteran-centric approach often functions as a care coordinator with a panel of veterans to ensure that health care meets the needs, as defined by the Veteran.Learn more about this agency
The Social Worker will function in Social Work Service. The intensive management program is a comprehensive team that delivers care to Veteran patients in an episodic fashion through collaboration that has as its focus: prevention; health promotion, coordination ,chronic disease management and/or mental health.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides psychosocial assessment and treatment for individuals with a wide range of concerns.
- Provides evidence-based interventions as indicated and appropriate for the specific job setting and duties of the social worker.
- Provides high quality case management and discharge planning services to veterans and families as needed throughout the continuum of care as indicated and appropriate for the specific job setting and duties of the social worker.
- Provides education to patients and family members regarding mental disorders, best practices approaches to treatment.
- Provides consultation to health care providers about psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
- Develops, implements, and documents the mental health treatment plan for an assigned case load of patients, as indicated and appropriate for the specific job setting and duties.
- Complies with all Service Line documentation requirements, including standards for timely completion of patient contact notes, use of required documentation templates, clinical reminders, treatment plans, and risk assessment protocols.
- Adheres to all Facility and Service Line policies and practices for delivering clinical care.
- General knowledge of veterans' benefits and services relating to special programs, service connected compensation, non-service connected pension.
- Identifies and works with high-risk patients and provides crisis intervention services, seeking to address the cause as well as the presenting complaint, coordinates family conferences and serves as liaison to family members.
- Has working knowledge and experience in use of medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures.
Telework: This position has been determined to be not suitable for telework.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentives ARE NOT AUTHORIZED
Financial Disclosure Reporting is not required for this position.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528783000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.