THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT Specialist (INFOSEC) (Title 32), Position Description Number D1650P01 and is part of the VA 192 ITL SQ, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
As an IT Specialist (INFOSEC) (Title 32), GS-2210-11, you will perform the below duties:
(1) Serves as a technical expert and focal point for the installation and configuration of hardware and software on personal computers and for personal data assistants associated with assigned systems. Develops and tests overall system backup and recovery strategies for assigned systems.
(2) Serves as a systems administrator responsible for planning, coordinating, modifying, implementing, and troubleshooting in order to meet customer needs.
(3) Serves as a technical expert on multiple operating systems and computer platforms. Determines equipment and communications requirements and interfaces with other systems.
(4) Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends hardware/software changes to various computer systems. Considers factors such as compatibility with standard systems, conversion or implementation costs, and impact on existing equipment. Installs, configures and tests products and equipment being reviewed.
(5) Develops guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), bulletins and flyers regarding the operation/use of assigned C4 systems, services, and activities. Analyzes policies, regulations, and system provisions governing standard operating systems and provides assistance and advisory services to users.
(6) Implements systems software changes, operating system releases and maintains the operational status of systems. Coordinates with system developers resolving hardware and/or software malfunctions.
(7) Performs security management in accordance with National Guard Bureau (NGB) and Air National Guard (ANG) regulations and policies.
(8) Implements ANG policy relating to systems storage requirements. Analyzes system operations to identify inefficiencies and takes action to resolve problems and ensure optimal performance and consistency.
(9) Provides input to the ANG Continuity of Operation Plan (COOP) procedures for system disaster recovery. COOP recovery includes reestablishment of systems at multiple sites and locations.
(10) Installs and configures workstation or network operating systems, and applications software on a wide range of configurable information systems devices. Configures a wide variety of devices requiring diverse interfaces and device drivers in multiple operating system environments using a wide variety of hardware platforms. Enforces command standards for hardware and software configurations.
(11) Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528765000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.