ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS: This position is located in the U.S. Census Bureau's Area Census Office (ACO) in Fredericksburg, VA.
In order to be considered ALL APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE within the Fredericksburg, VA local commuting area.
Relocation will not be paid.Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will:
- Supervise office operations, supervisors, and clerks responsible for supporting various field data capture and office automation activities.
- As needed train or supervise others to train, office employees on software, hardware and automation operations.
- Manage automation functions in the field and office for a decentralized workforce; the first line-of-contact for all hardware, software, and telecommunication problems, troubleshoot duties, and evaluate, analyze, and coordinate automation operations to efficiently support office functions with available equipment. Conduct on-site LAN/WAN hardware diagnostics for infrastructure cabling and hardware such as router, switches, servers, mobile devices, laptops, iPads, personal computers (PCS), Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) telecommunications systems and printers.
- Responsible for the paper and automated tracking of property management to include: ensuring necessary forms are accurately filled out; property management systems are updated, and regular audits are performed and secured devices are stored.
- Schedule and coordinate data entry operations for optimal use of workstations and print devices. Manage the property control system for Office Computing Equipment (OCE), Mobile Commuting Equipment (MCE) and peripherals. Coordinate printing activities and assure that printers are prepared to handle large jobs, long-running print jobs without jams, breakdowns, and toner shortages.
50% or less - Position requires 25% local travel and 25 % overnight travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528726500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.