WHAT IS THE OFFICE OF PROCUREMENT (PR) DIVISION? The Office of procurement provides acquisition services for all Business Units of the IRS and other Bureaus and Offices within Treasury. Our contracting professionals deliver quality service and support throughout the acquisition life cycle, from planning to close out. Our goal is to deliver quality acquisition services to ensure the IRS can meet its mission of effective tax administration.
Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations
WHAT DOES A CONTRACT SPECIALIST DO? As an IRS Contract Specialist in the Office of Procurement you will apply Federal procurement laws and regulations Department wide to award outside vendors complex and high-profile Federal contracts involving millions of dollars. This entails evaluating proposals, awarding and administering contracts, performing cost/price analyses, negotiating price and technical issues, and preparing contractually enforceable documents. You will conduct strategic analyses of Department requirements to provide input on developing an overall strategic sourcing plan for the Department.
As a Contract Specialist you will:
- Develop policies and implement guidance and controls to improve the procurement program
- Make and defend business positions orally and in writing, as well as develop and communicate negotiation strategies
- Perform acquisition planning, contract formation, partnering, contract administration, and resolution of disputes and claims, by means of issuing contracting officer decisions and contract modifications in accordance with all applicable procurement laws, regulations and agency policies.
- Exercise delegated authority to appoint ordering officer's and contracting officer's representatives.
- Serve as subject matter expert, responsible for exercising independent judgment to accomplish the myriad contracting responsibilities in support of the organizations mission, Incumbent is accountable to the Division Director.
- Determine appropriate contract type, assist in the development of Independent Government Cost Estimate, conduct market research, identify sources of supply, promote competition, solicit quotes and proposals, facilitate the technical evaluation of proposals, conduct cost or price analysis, determine price reasonableness, develop negotiation strategies, and negotiate with contractors. Maintain complete contract files.
- Support customers in developing strategic agency-wide sourcing plan(s)
- As a business advisor for the Department, you will make and defend business positions orally and in writing, as well as develop and communicate negotiation strategies.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528723800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.