ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS: This position is located in the U.S. Census Bureau Area Census Office (ACO) in Virginia Beach, VA.
In order to be considered, ALL APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE in the Virginia Beach, VA local commuting area.
Relocation will not be paid.Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will:
- Supervise employees directly in the office and indirectly in the field.
- Evaluate employees directly and indirectly, take appropriate action regarding hiring, promotions and reassignments. Take disciplinary action when necessary.
- Communicate daily with various internal staff such as Area Managers, other Area Census Office (ACO) Managers, ACO staff, and staff in the Regional Census Center (RCC).
- Direct the phases of the field activities, including automated data collection.
- Ensure that the quality and quantity of work produced is monitored and controlled to meet rigid schedules.
- Responsible for continuous review and analysis of cost, performance and progress reports, make critical decisions to meet deadlines and to control spending.
- Provide direction, leadership and coordination of property management activities.
- Provide oversight and guidance to maximize the useful lifecycle of personal property including acquisition, receipt, utilization and disposal.
50% or less - Position requires 25% local travel and 25% overnight travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528645200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.