The Robert J Dole VA Medical Center (VAMC) is seeking a full-time physician in our Emergency departmentLearn more about this agency
The RJ Dole VAMC, affiliated with the University of Kansas School of Medicine, is an active, acute care teaching center, with full surgical and subspecialty coverage. The Emergency Department is made up of a 24/7 nine bed acute care unit.
Emergency Medicine staff work directly with other physicians, nursing staff, administrative staff, and social workers. As a Emergency Physician
you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform assessments/examinations on initial encounter with unscheduled, emergency and new patients.
- Coordinate patient treatment plans (involve Primary Care and specialists as appropriate).
- Order appropriate diagnostic tests as necessary to complete the evaluation.
- Provide physician oversight to nursing staff and other mid-level staff members.
- This position requires faculty appointment status for necessary supervision of residents/trainees.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Relocation or Recruiting: Incentives may be offered to highly qualified candidates.
Board certification in Emergency Medicine, Family Practice or Internal Medicine preferred.
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. To participate in the program, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy 1021 and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528642300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.