This National Guard position is for a TOOLS AND PARTS ATTENDANT, Position Description Number D1228000 and is part of the OH G4 SMO CSMS, Ohio Army National Guard.
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The primary purpose of this position is to identify, and select for issue, items described by users.OHIO ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. Learn more about this agency
As a TOOLS AND PARTS ATTENDANT, WG-6904-6, you will perform the following duties:
(1) Identifies user's tools, parts, equipment, and requirements and requisitions stock as needed. Watches and reports items that are in short supply because of breakage or because they are frequently out for repair. Recommends possible substitute or interchangeable items. Sets up and maintains storage locations. Determines methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering such factors as temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, space available, and convenience of handling items. Compiles records concerned with quantity, cost, and type of material received, stored, and issued.
(2) Prepares periodic inventory and determines the basis for over, short, or misplaced items by checking such references as out-for-repair, issue, and turn-in records maintained in the tools and parts room. Compiles reports of use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory counts and stock records, spoilage of or damage to stock, location changes, and refusal of shipments.
(3) Ensures that tools and equipment are maintained in good condition by performing visual and operating checks, taking measurements with such devices as calipers, and receiving reports from users on the nature and extent of damage to tools and equipment. May make minor repairs to tools and equipment, determine when damaged and inoperative items are too costly to repair, and report damaged equipment to superiors.
(4) Determines stock replenishment levels for centrally controlled supplies and other material within funding limitations. Assures that supplies and monies are not wasted through excess accumulation, and that items are on hand in sufficient quantities and at the time required. In addition to established guides and formulas, determines quantities required and timely stock replenishment.
(5) Receives a wide variety of supplies and specialized items requiring special handling. Ensures that received items are properly stored in assigned locations. Reviews requisitions for completeness and compliance with regulations, and revises quantities ordered based on number on hand.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#:D1228000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528609200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.